More pics from the window.
Pretty hot and humid weather.
Even guests at Swissotel got to agree!:
A few nights ago, there was plenty of chain lightning happily flashing in the sky for about an hour. Was not able to get the full effect of what could be the most impressive display of lightning since I can remember. At certain moments it's not just one part of the sky but the entire sky was filled with roots of light. Thought there was finally going to be a storm for a quick relief from the heat. The more you expect the more disappointment you will get.
Heaven's trident just missed my classroom. Damn... they should hit something to wake the SM* staff's idea abit.
Then this morning woke up to see this in the sky: Vader's super star destroyer Executor(click pics to enlarge) just orbited over Bukit Merah! Please direct your turbolasers on the 11th floor of the SP*ING building and finish the job the lightning did not! Rid the scum and villainy within! HehHahahah.... ok enuf nonsense.... Entire sky was clear with the sun so bright just this big patch of dark cloud very extra in the sky.
Took my first BEC lesson today with Jeremy and Kester. Had to skip quite a number last week due to date clash with practical test. Somehow the Filipino lecturer kept volunteering the 3 of us out to demo for the class. Dunno if it's cos we skipped the lesson last week or something else. Was damn funny when Jeremy was demoing the PNF stretch on me. Damn of all things stretches.. PNF somemore... Learnt nothing new the entire day except the checking of the posture, which I was one of the demo-ing model yet again. Everything in the lesson was mostly what we have learnt in the first sem or I already researched over the net. Of the 30 odd people in the class.. only like less than 10 are guys. Prob due to the providing centre being Amore. Most of the ladies are of Kester's age group and beyond. Then there's this one guy with one of the worst act cool hairstyle I've ever seen. And he keeps adjusting his hair the entire lesson (the lecture was in a aerobic gym, the entire wall is a mirror)! Jeremy and I really felt like giving him one in the face. In a way he really resembles one of the former junior Zhang pin, only abit more xia lan.... Later we found out he's japanese.... kaoz... I worked with Japanese for a few years now and up till now I'm still not convinced he is one.
Finally the BEC lesson ended with an aerobic session(WTF?). Feel damn out of place doing all those aerobics steps but I just went ahead and had fun anyway. At first I assume the instructor will teach some tips on how to conduct a class but turns out it's really just a plain aerobics session which made me wonder why the hell was it incorporated inside the BEC program.
Kanna stye this week. According to Wiki, it's caused by Staphylococcus aureus bacterial infection. Must have been hanging out with people that's full of sh*t. Kester insist that it's cos of Lao Lao's saliva during the practical test(I wun rule that out!). Overall it's prob due to the impromptu shaving of my leg(using disposable plastic shavers) in class to demo the ankle taping. Yeah my legs look funny now with the left one without hair. Of cos the stye gotta come on the day of my second presentation (my first one clashed with my reservist range shoot). No luck this sem. Called up Guanghao as the swelling became really bad. Fortunately he's posted temporarily to Queenstown polyclinic instead of IMH. Went to the polyclinic but another doc attended to me since Guanghao is still attending to siao people's cases. Well at least we could meet up for lunch at Margaret drive where also I gave him a brief historical tour of the place.
Also met up Ch*u Hs*a for lunch on Wed after delivering Lasik gas to SN*C. It seems nowadays due to the packed study/work schedule, I'm actually meeting up more frens in the middle of my working day! Hah! Haven met up since we left NUS wushu and I moved outta Teck Whye, where she still is. Still haven changed abit. Same old Hsia jie I knew from the manner of speech and the ultimate ability to tiow me to death whenever I suan her! Ate at the houseman canteen near the new Duke building besides the original(now demolished) KE VII. Now she's redoing her honors in Psychology to go into a Masters program next time. Why re-doing? Surprisingly cos her batch can choose to NOT do a thesis paper for honors previously in NUS and now it's a requirement! Another surprise was that on contrary to what I heard a few yrs back, she remained unattached since the GH incident(well that wasn't counted as attached anyway).
Other than meeting up old frens, I also dropped by NP's CCA fiesta this week. Saw NP wus*u's performance which was lacklustre to say the least. Even the jiu jie bian, which was suppose to be the easiest crowd pleaser, failed to shine. They did try to perform some zhi xuan movements but only the taiji routine was watchable. Maybe they were not on form cos Joshua, Shipei and Clarice sat so close to the performance area and hindered abit of their movement! If I was not in formal working attire, I would have drag them all out! Erm sorry..... drag Clarice and Joshua... and ask Shipei to move herself.....heh...
Looking at the sign up list at the Njd booth, I kinda got worried as the response was significantly greater than the last few years. Gave a pre-warning to the comm regarding the first training but at the same time I knew they also have no experience in handing such a big group.
According to them, the first intro training did not turn out well due to latecomers and troublemakers.
I probably can help with the situation but instead chose to study my journals at KAP Mac. Other than the fact that I need to rush abit on my written report, these reasons apply as well:
1) This overwhelming situation is one of the best experience for the new comm. Esp with the training camp coming up, it's time to let them see how serious it can be WHEN I mentioned it's serious.
2) So far my plan to slowly let go of the club and let it run autonomously is working well. Finally the comm is beginning to show ownership of the club. Things are not running as efficiently as I would prefer but it's a start.
3) Sometimes when a senior takes too much control and say, the juniors feel constricted and will not volunteer to churn out ideas and action. So less of my input and suggs might do more good for the club.
When I proceeded to brief and advice them during dinner after the so called "disasterious" first day intro training, Xinyu expected a dressing down session. She said she will feel better if I did that. Well that's not the way I do things. Maybe in sec sch uniformed groups, but not here. There's a long list of reasons why I wun do that but essentially, they are not kids that require shouting anymore. Dun prove me wrong during the Training Camp please.
Colin mesg-ed me over MSN yesterday night, concerned over my nick. Well I truly appreciate it bro. You heard stuff which you were priviledged enuf to hear. Prob wun be repeated again to anyone else. I think the mesg today was clear enuf.
Happy bdae.
5 yrs ago should I have prep the salmon and pocket watch?
you are rite. It was so fun in the past.
Really glad to hear you have moved on.
I wish I could too.
No comments:
Post a Comment